Friday, May 5, 2023

Do you have a favorite color?


Did you know colors affect the way you think, rationalize and behave?


1.    How does color affect your thoughts?

When my kids were growing up, they had a favorite color that they thought was best suited for them, and which I think in a lot of ways provided them comfort and confidence. 

Whenever I took them shopping, they would pick out dresses aligned with their favorite colors.

I could never convince them otherwise, and if I insisted that they pick another color, they would throw a tantrum and the whole shopping expedition would be ruined. They had it in them that their favorite colors were their own representing who they were.

It was the same when they picked out their paraphernalia for school, school bags, pencil cases, and just about anything they bought. 

As for me, I grew up loving the color blue, until I realized that my love for black ensembles, especially wearing black on occasions and outings created a diversion from my preference for blue.

I still go by the color blue, as they give me a sense of contentment and peace. It is practically ingrained in me that the color blue is not superfluous or glaring. It provides a calming effect for me.

How do you rationalize with colors?

Remember how when we draw angry or brooding looks, we always associate them with dark colors like
black, grey, or the darkest tinges of red or purple, and even blue?

When we describe something as beautiful, they are aligned with pastels or brighter shades that personify beauty and please the aesthetic senses.

How about when we describe something as glorious as the crimson sunsets or the orange and yellow-tinged sunrises? These masterpieces of creation are often described and rationalized by colors.

That's how the poets connect illusions with reality. They rationalize their poetic intrusions with the different colors of life.

How do you behave around colors of dread?

You mourn them. Like in funerals, you are in an extremely disillusioned state and you behave in that way, by wearing the colors that drive you to moan.

Just as in colors that exuberate your happiness, you tend to wear uplifting colors to reflect your inner self, so as to bring out the colors of joy in you.

Some colors change the way you look and feel. When you walk out of the house wearing a color that amplifies your state of mind and personality, you tend to behave the way it makes you feel. Happy, contented, and carefree.

Do you have a favorite color that amplifies you? Tell me in the comment section, I'd love to know.




What's New!

Do you use ChapGPT in your writing? Here's an article you would be happy to read. 
https://www.construction-physics.com/p/could-chatgpt-become-an-architect
https://www.gathersight.com - For opinions, news & discoveries.

Resources to help you EARN as a freelance writer

How to EARN as a freelance writer by KAYLA of Make a Living Writing






https://www.amazon.com/Goddess-Himavan-Shobana-Gomes-ebook/dp/B0B1W7QP2R

Shobana's Note: Thank you for the feedback. If you are reading this I will take it constructively. Thank you for the review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Children of War

Support Shobana - Subscribe to Her YouTube Channel