Thursday, August 10, 2023

What is the Craziest Thing that has happened to you?

A guy who I had never met in my life wrote a letter to me - a soulful, philosophical, sensitive letter that shocked me at that time.

I can still remember that day. I was fourteen and on my way home from school. Suddenly, I heard a shaky voice calling out my name.

I stopped and this guy walked up to me. First, he stood fidgeting in front of me for a few seconds. while I stared in surprise. Well, I was at a loss about what to do too. Who is this guy??

Just when I thought to ignore him and walk away, he said that I was pretty and that he liked me. Could he please get to know me?

What?

Of course, I was tongue-tied.

At fourteen, I was far from pretty. My friends were prettier. Anyway, I had never met him in my life, didn't know that he existed but there he was outside a church I passed to get home, with a letter in his hand.

"Can you please read it," he said to me. I took the letter only because I didn't know what to say or do and ran home. I was fourteen so I think that was excusable. Anyway, I didn't want to be caught talking to a strange-looking boy outside the church by anyone I knew.

They would probably think I was "not a nice girl" - talking to boys when that was a taboo age to have boyfriends, haha?

Before long, the school closed for the year-end holidays and I never saw the boy again.

He had gone missing after the letter. Anyway, I didn't reply or do anything other than read the letter a couple of times and think if it was really me he thought pretty. It was more of contention to me that he thought of me that way.

Then, one day, years later, I read about him in the papers. He had become a billionaire with a thriving business overseas. And, this my dear friends is a true story.

I heard him give a talk and thought he wasn't that gawky teenager who spoke with a nervous tint in his voice anymore. He had been sixteen then. He spoke with confidence about his businesses and had become an eminent personality to the world.

Just imagine that. Sometimes, things happen in the most bizarre way.

Do you have any crazy news to share? Let me know in the comment below. I'd love to know.

-shobana-

News & Views

I posted this article on my Twitter page. It is something every Malaysian should read. The Sultan of Perak, Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah wrote a new book titled, Buku Siri Titah II Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah which was published by Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka. His Highness has always highlighted the importance of unity among the different races and religions in the country. He also highlighted the importance of literature in life and has always been an active advocate of poetry. As we celebrate Independence Day on August 31st, I would like to stress how important it is to have unity and freedom in the country. 



Quote for the Day




Here's my latest video on HOPE. Thank you for watching. Please don't forget to subscribe, like and share the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Children of War

Support Shobana - Subscribe to Her YouTube Channel