Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Candle - True Story





Last year I had the privilege of visiting Lourdes, France. I had always wanted to visit the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, and it was a dream come true for me.
Our family was undergoing all kinds of trials and tribulations. With three members of my family dying under tragic circumstances, I prayed with extra earnestness for salvation. I was really worried about the welfare of my children and the rest of my family members.
I thank God that I made it to and back from Lourdes alive. 
When there, I went one early morning to light a candle at the altar of the shrine after saying my prayers at the grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes. 
I was there in the wee hours of the morning and I loved the beautiful ambiance of the church. So gorgeous were the grounds and the tranquil surroundings were captivating.
I bought a candle from the candle stand, but since there wasn't anyone around, I wasn't sure if I could light it. Anyway, I walked up to the votive stand, and to my intense surprise, a tiny light flickered in one of the candles. The rest had burned out.
I took my candle and lit it from the fire of that candle. I wanted to place my lit candle on the votive stand when I heard a chorus of voices say to me, "Light all the candles." I was taken aback by the chorus of voices. Steeling myself to be brave, I looked around. In that sudden instant, I felt a calm descend on me. 
I then lit all the candles on the stand. 
I tried to place my candle again on the stand. However, it kept tipping over and I couldn't stand it on the metal railing, no matter how many times I tried.
Suddenly, I heard a voice say, "Take the candle back home." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then I heard it again, "take the candle back home." Where did the voice come from? 
I turned around to see a gentleman walking up the staircase. I wondered if he saw what had happened as I tried lighting my candles.
I quickly climbed down the stairs and left.
That incident will always make me wonder about my incredible journey to France. Something so magnetic pulled me to that place of worship. It was a healing experience.




Elsewhere the weather ravages:

Cyclone Biparjoy Live Updates: At least 2 dead, road connectivity affected in Kutch; Biparjoy weakens into cyclonic storm

Cyclone Biparjoy in Gujarat Live Updates: The 'severe' cyclonic storm Biparjoy lay centered over the Saurashtra-Kutch region and is expected to move northeastwards on Friday with heavy rains in Rajasth...READ MORE






Quote for the day:

A cancer vaccine cure?
MediaPost
Subscribe  |  Share »
TOP OF THE NEWS
We Can't-Wait: Nat Geo To Document Race For A Cancer Vaccine
by Les Luchter

Documentary will follow the team behind Pfizer's COVID vaccine as they aim to create an entirely new class of medicines using the body's own defenses to defeat cancer. Read the whole story



Free to Read on @Inkitt. Please press the like button if you liked the story.

Mrs. Robinson, Eyes on Freedom.

https://www.inkitt.com/stories/mystery/1050508

































































 







































No comments:

Post a Comment

Children of War

Support Shobana - Subscribe to Her YouTube Channel